Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Presidential Inauguration 2009

What an exciting day in our country's history!  It is amazing to think that this moment will be remembered long after we are all gone - through stories, text books, speeches and most of all the images that remain from this day.  Photojournalism is an incredible art and one of the reasons I love photography.  They tell our story.  The story of our country, our families and all that is each of our lives and the journey of life.  

With all of the world watching Washington DC today I also found a few images of my own that were taken back in March, 1994.  This was the last time I was in Washington DC and I am sure I will get back there again with my family in the years ahead.  

This is me with my best friend Jenn as I set my camera on the tripod, pushed the timer & ran like the wind to make it into the shot.  (I do have one where I wasn't quite fast enough)



 Kind of an interesting picture now looking back. If you can read the sign in the window it says "Regan '96". 

Seems appropriate to sign off saying - God Bless America!


No comments: